Saturday 3 January 2015

Poached Chicken Legs

Ingredients: 
1 pot of chicken stock -- enough to submerge your chicken legs
2 chicken legs -- skin on and bone in

Bring the stock to a gentle simmer, then put in the chicken legs for 20 minute without a lid. Turn off heat, and leave it in for another 10 minutes before removing.

For salty, silky chicken flesh, brush fine salt over the skin and chill in the fridge over night. Remove the skin before eating.

May's Notes: 
I have a cheap (read crappy) Kogan induction cooker (I recommend induction, I do not recommend Kogan). I set it to heat at 600W and did not change the setting.

Tasting Notes: 
Turned out pretty well, but still a little pink in the middle for me -- I pulled the meat off the bone and put it in rice porridge, so that was fine.

Future Notes: 
The legs need a little bit more time, maybe another 5 minutes with the heat on.
You can use water, but I'd add some aromatics and oil to the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment